The program is designed for anyone who is already a mentor or intends to become one. The mentor is an employee of the company in which the student carries out practical part of the vocational education and training, who must have the appropriate occupation or working experience, and whose responsibility is that during their practical trainng students acquire competencies foreseen by the standard of occupation, standard of qualification and vocational curriculum. In addition to the appropriate qualification, the mentor should possess the competences of the mentor, i.e. the teaching knowledge and skills. He or she collaborates with a teacher of a high school that students attend and also implements, manages and supervises the work of a student.
With this program, the mentors will acquire the competences which prepare them to guide students during their training at the company.
Participants of the program will have the opportunity to gain knowledge on the elements of vocational education system in Croatia, pedagogy and work culture and gain competencies for independent preparation and implementation of students training.
The training programme was developed within the framework of the project Cap4App - "Strengthening the Capacities of the Chambers and Partners to Help SMEs to Engage in Apprenticeship" co-funded by the European Union and coordinated by the Croatian Chamber of Economy.
The lecturers will be prof. dr. sc. Dijana Vican, rector and doc. dr. sc. Daliborka Luketić from the University of Zadar and representatives of the CCE.
All participants who successfully complete the education will receive a certificate, work materials and Guidebook for SME Mentors.
Content of the training:
- VET system in Croatia
- Pedagogical aspects of apprenticeship
- Planning and programming of teaching and learning in the work environment
- Evaluation of the students
Upon completion of the program the participants will:
- acquire knowledge about the vocational education system in Croatia;
- know how to plan and organize practical training, define the different activities a student can do which will become his actual work plan;
- be able to use the most appropriate pedagogical strategies, methods and styles of teaching;
- monitor, guide and counsel students during their training;
- encourage full development and social competence of students;
- encourage students to learn at work, to assist the student in learning appropriate to his or her background.
Participation in the education program is free of charge.
You can fill out the application here.